By David Shneer,Caryn Aviv
Read or Download American Queer, Now and Then PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
What queer lives, loves and percentages teem inside suburbia's little packing containers? relocating past the imbedded urban/rural binary, Relocations deals the 1st significant queer cultural examine of sexuality, race and illustration within the suburbs. concentrating on the sector humorists have often called “Lesser Los Angeles”—a international prototype for sprawl—Karen Tongson weaves via suburbia's “nowhere”spaces to survey our spatial imaginaries: the cultured, inventive and well known fabrics of the hot suburbia.
Discover the darkish tradition of Fifties tattoos! within the early Nineteen Fifties, whilst tattoos have been the indelible mark of a lowlife, an erudite professor of English--a buddy of Gertrude Stein, Thomas Mann, Andre Gide, and Thornton Wilder--abandoned his activity to develop into a tattoo artist (and by the way a researcher for Alfred Kinsey).
Out within the Union tells the continual tale of queer American staff from the mid-1960s via 2013. Miriam Frank shrewdly chronicles the evolution of work politics with queer activism and identification formation, exhibiting how unions begun putting forward the rights of lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, and transgender employees within the Seventies and Nineteen Eighties.
The Church of England's declare that "marriage has been understood to be, constantly and solely, among a guy and a lady" is contestable on a few grounds. Debates approximately marriage have an instantaneous impact on people's daily lives, and it's a primary topic of equality and human rights. but the debates approximately same-sex marriage within the united kingdom and the U.S. are occurring in an informational vacuum too frequently stuffed by means of emotion and rhetoric.
- Extraños. Amores homosexuales en el siglo XIX (Seccion de Obras de Historia) (Spanish Edition)
- Female Homosexuality in the Middle East: Histories and Representations (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- Strange Affinities: The Gender and Sexual Politics of Comparative Racialization (Perverse modernities)
- Ethereal Queer: Television, Historicity, Desire
- Rethinking Sexual Citizenship (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
- In a Queer Country: Gay & Lesbian Studies in the Canadian Context
Extra resources for American Queer, Now and Then