By Mark Summerfield
Qt has advanced right into a remarkably strong answer for cross-platform machine, net, and cellular improvement. even though, even the main skilled Qt programmers simply use a fragment of its features. additionally, sensible information regarding Qt’s most up-to-date good points has been scarce—until now.
Advanced Qt Programming shows builders precisely tips to take complete benefit of Qt 4.5’s and Qt 4.6’s most respected new APIs, software styles, and improvement practices. Authored via Qt specialist Mark Summerfield, this booklet concentrates on innovations that provide the main energy and suppleness with the least further complexity.
Summerfield focuses specifically on model/view and graphics/view programming, hybrid desktop/Web functions, threading, and purposes incorporating media and wealthy textual content. all through, he offers real looking, downloadable code examples, all validated on home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux utilizing Qt 4.6 (and such a lot validated on Qt 4.5) and designed to count on destiny models of Qt. The book
- Walks via utilizing Qt with WebKit to create cutting edge hybrid desktop/Internet functions
- Shows how you can use the Phonon framework to construct strong multimedia functions
- Presents state of the art innovations for utilizing model/view desk and tree types, QStandardItemModels, delegates, and perspectives, and for developing customized desk and tree versions, delegates, and perspectives
- Explains how one can write more suitable threaded courses with the QtConcurrent module and with the QThread classification
- Includes specific assurance of making wealthy textual content editors and records
- Thoroughly covers graphics/view programming: structure, home windows, widgets, layouts, scenes, and extra
- Introduces Qt 4.6’s robust animation and nation computer frameworks
Read or Download Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4 (Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development) PDF
Similar object oriented design books
The perform of company software improvement has benefited from the emergence of many new permitting applied sciences. Multi-tiered object-oriented structures, similar to Java and . internet, became usual. those new instruments and applied sciences are in a position to development robust purposes, yet they aren't simply applied.
A pragmatic, nuts-and-bolts advisor to architectural strategies that describes step by step tips on how to layout robustness and suppleness into an Internet-based process in accordance with real-world difficulties and structures, and illustrated with a working case research allows software program architects and venture managers to make sure that nonfunctional necessities are met in order that the procedure will not fall over, that it may be maintained and upgraded with no being switched off, and that it may well take care of protection, scalability, and function calls for Platform and seller independence will empower architects to problem product-dictated boundaries
This mild creation to excessive functionality Computing (HPC) for information technology utilizing the Message Passing Interface (MPI) common has been designed as a primary path for undergraduates on parallel programming on allotted reminiscence types, and calls for in basic terms simple programming notions. Divided into components the 1st half covers excessive functionality computing utilizing C++ with the Message Passing Interface (MPI) usual through a moment half offering high-performance info analytics on desktop clusters.
For classes in desktop programming in Java. Starting Out with Java: From keep an eye on buildings via Objects provides a step-by-step introduction to programming in Java. Gaddis covers procedural programming—control buildings and methods—before introducing object-oriented programming, making sure that scholars comprehend primary programming and problem-solving thoughts.
- Instant RubyMine Assimilation
- Applications of Declarative Programming and Knowledge Management: 19th International Conference, INAP 2011, and 25th Workshop on Logic Programming, WLP ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Introducing Zurb Foundation 6
- NGUI for Unity
- Object-oriented Programming with Smalltalk
Additional resources for Advanced Qt Programming: Creating Great Software with C++ and Qt 4 (Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development)